The Norvells

We are a simple, little family doing our best to raise our children in Christ's love.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Waiting and Waiting, and Yes, More Waiting

If you know me, you know that I am not a patient person by nature.  And I truly know only a handful of people who truly are patient.  It makes me wonder, if so many of us are so impatient in life, patience must be a Godly quality.  I know I fall short more times than not when it comes to being Christ-like, and it comforts me to know that I can never reach the holiness of Him, but it doesn't mean that I don't strive daily to give Him the anxiousness and discontentment I feel when things are just not going how I planned them in my head.

Mark and I have been waiting three weeks now on an answer for our house.  The entire roof has to be replaced along with toxic mold that resulted from a roof leak.  Since it is taking so long in this process, our closing date will have to be moved back which then moves back the time it will take Mark to fix the other "issues" with this house.  And even through all of this waiting and unanswered dilemmas, this is still our house that we know God has saved for us.

God is giving me the patience to wait on His time.  And with this time He has given us, it has allowed me more time to find a job.  It's funny to think about how God uses time, and how everything is done in His time and His time alone.  When I look back on my life, everything that has happened, did not happen on my schedule.  It is so comforting to know that I don't have to worry about anything and allow everything to fall on Him. 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment