The Norvells

We are a simple, little family doing our best to raise our children in Christ's love.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Must Have for Moms

Lists.  Lots and lots of lists.  Why?  Because our brains are fried.  Our bodies worn out.  Our emotions a roller coaster.  So we need lists (along with paper and pens everywhere to make said lists).

I decided I need a dry erase board in my shower.  I think of so much stuff in there, probably because it's the one place I'm hardly interrupted. 

Let me give you an example of why lists are required for moms:

I went to Target after Jordan's pre-school visit, so it was just him and me.  I wondered around Target, which I enjoyed thoroughly, then left because I couldn't remember why I was there or what I needed even though I had made a "list" in my head that morning.  Half way home, I remembered exactly what I needed in detail.  Oy.  Why didn't I just make a list!?!

So now I have a list.  A list of what I need at Target for when I decide to venture out again.  A to-do list for mainly house related stuff.  I even have a list of books I want to read.

One of the greatest benefits of lists, you get to cross stuff out once it's taken care of!  I love feeling accomplished :).

2 comments:

  1. I get all my ideas RIGHT before I fall asleep or in the middle of the night while feeding Ella. No list will help that even : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great it Boppy's came attached with a pen and paper because I ALWAYS had great thoughts while nursing :)

    ReplyDelete