The Norvells

We are a simple, little family doing our best to raise our children in Christ's love.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Finding a Little Comfort

I don't know if it's the time of year or just a reaction to the last 6 months, but I've wanted nothing but comfort food.  Mark and I enjoy cooking and eating good meals, meals made from scratch, and we're not ashamed to admit were sort of food-snobs, but lately that just isn't on my mind.

Tonight we were grocery shopping, we didn't plan for one meal, instead we bought Chef Boyardee canned spaghetti, Top Ramen, frozen fries with ketchup and ranch for dipping but forgot the ice cream!

I think we go through these emotions where comfort food provides an outlet to times when life was a little more simple.  Right now, life just isn't simple.

Our marriage has been under spiritual attack, the death of my Aunt and health issues with other family member's, it's all put me over the edge, so I'm going to enjoy my high sodium, preservative infested, toxic food to the fullest. 

And tomorrow, I'm making dozens of Christmas cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment