The Norvells

We are a simple, little family doing our best to raise our children in Christ's love.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I have never really made a resolution, probably as a means to avoid failure, but I decided to change my approach this year. 

I have felt very convicted to get my priorities in line, mainly with my marriage, my kiddos and my family.

1. Lessen my over-booked schedule to give more time to Mark - Check.  I dropped CBS!
2. Create quality time with family - We're going to start having Sunday dinners at our house where EVERYONE is invited :).  I guess that will mean more traveling for some :).
3. Acknowledge family birthdays and anniversaries - I just went through my Google Calendar and put in everyone's birthdays and made it so they repeat every year.  I don't know why this is such a struggle for me, and it's not that I don't care, I just don't think about it.  Plus, who doesn't like getting a card in the mail!  I think we'll combine #2 with this one also!
4. Teaching my kiddos about Jesus - Sunday school and Awana are wonderful things, but love for Christ starts here at home.  Over a year ago I bought a family activity book just for this, and I think it's time to dig it out :).
5.  Enjoy this season of our life - The house isn't done, our kids are at difficult stages, jobs can be difficult, BUT we are blessed beyond measure.  God continues to provide for us in ways that blow my mind, so I'm not going to worry about the day to day and allow God to be in control of our lives.

So there they are, my goals for 2012.  They may not always work out, and I may will fail here and there, but I know that God and Mark are behind me through it all.

1 comment: