The Norvells

We are a simple, little family doing our best to raise our children in Christ's love.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our own touch of art

I found this awesome canvas painting at Hobby Lobby for $20!!!

But they only had one version of it, and I needed three for my gigantically long wall, so .....


I got some mod podge, pretty paper and an x-acto knife, traced the bird from the picture, and ....



Made my own versions of the painting!


Now I have three, uniquely different paintings on my wall!

6 comments:

  1. did you even make that tree?? AMAZING job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wish! The first picture is how the canvas came, we just added the orange and yellow birds. In the last one, we covered the teal bird with the yellow. You seriously can't even tell we did anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. I'm pinning it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Amanda...they look great...I am going to Hobby Lobby to see if I can get one!

    ReplyDelete