The Norvells

We are a simple, little family doing our best to raise our children in Christ's love.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lovely Mommy Moment

Picture this:

We just got home from MOPS.  Jordan went outside to play while I made lunch (Mark just finished his play set in time for this wonderful pre-Spring weather). 

I had to go the to bathroom, bad.  Bad as in I'd been holding it for an hour already. 

Mid-pee, I hear screaming.  Blood-curdling screaming. 

Reese was with me in the bathroom, as always, so I knew it was Jordan outside.

I panic.  You know you can't stop going pee once you start, but my son, in my head, is being attacked or kidnapped or seriously injured.

I yank my pants up, the underwear we're kind of up.

I run for the backdoor which is blocked by a baby gate and a huge fan (Mark stained the wood on the back stairs last night, so we're trying to clear the fumes out).

I hurdle both objects with as much ease as a waddling penguin.

I finally get out side, but can't see Jordan.  I hear the screams still.

He then bursts out of this play house, totally hysterical. 

"Mommy, mommy," he sobs.

"What, What, What?!?!!?" I demand, scream, beg.

He finally chokes out that there was a cat on the shelf in his play house, which he thought was a monster.

As he's telling me this, I feel drips running down my leg.

A cat. Dang cat. I hate cats.

I'm putting screens on the windows of the play house tonight.

And washing my jeans.

3 comments:

  1. LOL…seriously…thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i'm crying that made me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete