The Norvells

We are a simple, little family doing our best to raise our children in Christ's love.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Covering a boring lamp shade

We have this awesome, curving lamp, but the shade sort of gets lost in the room.

Sorry for the horrible picture, Mark took our camera to work, so I had to use my phone...

So I found some awesome fabric at Hobby Lobby (on sale) and used my 40% off coupon for a large bottle of Modge Podge (did you know that you can have the coupon on your phone instead of printing it???).

I spread a generous amount of MP on the fabric then (with Mark's help) slowly covered the lamp shade while smoothing out any wrinkles or lumps. The next morning it was dry, to I cut off the excess around the edges of the shade, applied more MP and sealed the fabric to the inside.

*Note: Looking back, I should have done this all in once step. The fabric became really stiff once the MP dried, so it was really hard to cut!*


I think it looks WAY better! I'm absolutely loving yellow right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment