The Norvells

We are a simple, little family doing our best to raise our children in Christ's love.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Time to get this tush a movin'

I've been wanting needing to work-out, but I'm one busy woman!

A wonderful, amazing, totally lovable husband...two young, energized, playful children...a part-time, work-from-home job...time-consuming volunteer commitments...activities for me & the kiddos...a group of fantastic, supportive friends...well, they all take up a lot of time! And I love each and every one of them.

So where do I fit a work-out into this life of mine?

I kept saying, "When..." this and "When...." that. But in reality, no time is ever a good time, but if I want to be healthy, then I have to make some time.

Tuesday it began.

My 6am run.

Yes. 6am.

But ya know what!?!

It's so peaceful in our cute, little neighborhood at 6am.

It's nice and cool at 6am.

The kids are still asleep at 6am, and Mark is still at home at 6am.

And it gets my tush up and movin' for the day!

I've been using this awesome app on my phone called Couch to 5K. Seriously, it's fab. It starts you out slow, alternating between jogging and walking, only 3 days a week, and then it slowly builds you up so by 9 weeks, you're actually running 3 miles.

And, on top of all this, me and a wonderful group of ladies are doing the Diva Dash in Boulder on July 28th...And I don't want to be the weak link!



No comments:

Post a Comment